There are several tools that can help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the supply chain industry manage and streamline their operations. However, a lot of business owners are afraid of change and stuck in the old ways of doing things. As 2023 rolls around, we know businesses are setting their productivity goals for the new year. So, we have put together a list of must-have tools for SMEs in the supply chain industry:
- Inventory management software: This type of software can help SMEs track and manage their inventory levels, as well as automate tasks such as reordering and forecasting.
- Transportation management systems: These systems can help SMEs plan and optimise their logistics operations, including routing, shipping and delivery.
- Collaboration and communication tools: Tools such as project management software and communication platforms can help SMEs collaborate with team members, suppliers, and customers more effectively.
- Data analytics tools: Data analytics tools can help SMEs analyse and understand their supply chain data, enabling them to make more informed decisions about operations and strategy.
- Supply chain visibility tools: These tools can help SMEs gain visibility into their supply chain operations, including the movement of goods, the status of orders, and the performance of suppliers.
- Financial visibility tools: With financial visibility tools, SMEs can have a better oversight of their cash flow. Pivo has tools that allow you to track payments, invoices and all your transactions through your Pivo Business account.
Ultimately, the tools that are most valuable for a particular SME will depend on the specific needs and goals of the organisation.